eCornell Plant Based Nutrition Certificate
I sent my application in 2015 for the scholarship. In late January they emailed that I had won it!
This is info only. I do not earn any comissions if anyone signs up.
Click to view:
It consists of three courses of two weeks in length. One needs to be able to put in about an hour a day. It consists of hours of lectures by Dr. Campbell, Dr. McDougall, Jeff Novick, Doug Lisle, Caldwell B. Esselsyn and others. Plus there is some reading to do. there is a short quiz at the end of each segment… or module.. and most of them include posting a discussion on the lesson materials.
You have unlimited chances to retake the quiz, or to re post your discussion. To pass, one must have 100% scores or be marked Completed in every part. It isn’t hard to get through.
The certificate is divided into 3 courses, each taking 2 weeks to complete and includes 17 information packed lectures, readings, moderated discussions, no-pressure quizzes, and bonus materials (Estimated time commitment of 5 to 7 hours per week).
- Taught by world-renowned faculty
- Readily available live, expert instructor team
- No pre-requisites
- Research-based content
- Network with students from around the world
- Continuing education credits
- In the program you will learn about:
- The role of nutrition in the development of chronic disease
- Physiological reasons we are drawn to foods that do not support health
- Environmental consequences of food choices
- The impact of industry on both science and public policy
- The rationale for whole food, plant-based nutrition
This was an enjoyable course. I had already read several books on the subject and we eat Whole Food, Plant Based diet. I enjoyed the lectures and bonus lectures on related topics. Also we’re encouraged to comment on fellow student’s discussion posts, though it is not a requirement. Kinda fun though!